Tuesday, August 30, 2005

posting pictures :)

do you remember my 'gwape wool'?
i've been mixing it with other various wools that i have
jacket fluff
creating these wonderful little batts - all each a little different
jacket batts
and OOOOOOh my it is lovely lovely lovely yarn.
jacket yarn
i'm all a flutter about it. can't wait to get more and more and more of it made. i will be either knitting or crocheting myself a coat from this once it is complete. deserves a close-up, don't ya think?
jacket close
you like?

truly, i have been working on crafty stuff... along with painting and spackling... laundry laundry laundry... dishes ...and now all the volunteering at my kiddos' schools - OIY i'm a busy gal

a little cardigan i crocheted for my friend's (Kelly) new baby girl:
Maggie Cardigan i used RH baby teri and some rainbow eyelash i received as part of the Sea of Yarn Swap
a shrug type cardigan i knit for another friend (Jamie) with a new baby girl:
Jessica Shrug it is made from bernat baby in a lilac color
not too bad for my first knit wearable - huh?!?
but trust me, it is not without it's errors:
oops purli purled when i should have been knitting ooops!
and i'm not sure what i did here:twisted stitches my stitches are twisted or something?

alrighty - that's gotta be all from me today - last night's dinner dishes didn't get done, so i've got to do it now (along with this morning's breakfast dishes) and only 30 minutes left before Sesame Street is over and my young'un comes to me for entertainment :)

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Your gwape yarn looks yummy :) I think it'll make a gorgeous coat! And way to go on the knitting--I still haven't mastered purl a year after I started trying to teach myself (probably partly because I haven't really tried all summer what with the heat and not wanting to try to learn with skinny yarn)...

Karla said...

I love the cardigans, Rebecca! Great job! And the wool looks YUMMY! I can't wait to see what you finally create with it. :)

DAWN said...

That, my dear, is some kind of FANTASTIC yarn you produced. Jealous? yeah!
~ DAWN

Becky said...

What gorgeous rovings! Makes me want to drag my spindle out and try again.....Still haven't got the hang of it yet.

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.