Friday, January 28, 2005

and again

i'm going to try and do some more updating on the look of the page... try

the meeting was neat last night. the speaker (helen) showed some of her woven chenille scarves - simply GORGEOUS! i also got a quick weaving lesson from John, it's very very neat, looks complicated though and something i am not ready to get involved in yet. i want to become a better spinner first. okay, that's all for now, i really want to work on other things.
a quote to leave you with:

Maturity is the ability to do a job whether or not you are supervised, to carry money without spending it, and to bear an injustice without wanting to get even.

Ann Landers
(i think i might still be a toddler)

4 comments:

Deneen said...

Rebecca-

I may be an adolescent in this! I can do a job unsupervised, I can bear in injustice without getting even (although I do have some evil thoughts at times). My problem is, I can't carry money without spending it!! If I have money in my pocket, it's gone. Small bills especially. If I have money in Paypal, it's like play money to me---gone!!

Got my spindle yesterday. Actually, I saw Bec said to use the rub on transfers on it, which is something I thought of. I actually think she used stain pens or markers. The surface is smooth. Just drawn black leaves filled in with a translucent green for the color. You could do that, I know you can!!

Amie said...

Oh, dear... I'm definitely that cranky toddler that throws temper tantrums in the mall going by that quote!

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel - we need more crocheters on the list! Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

Carolyn said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and complimenting my wool. By the looks of your gorgeous beaded yarn, I think you are very much on your way!! It will become easier and easier to ply for you as time goes by. Isn't that Diane Varney book amazing?

Unknown said...

Who said maturity was suposed to be an adult trait. I refuse to be mature. That's most likly why I never have any cash!

 

Blog Design By Sour Apple Studio © All Rights Reserved.